About Your Eye Examinations
At Eyecare Plus Optometrists Mermaid Beach, our experienced optometrists will take the time needed to provide a thorough eye examination.
Your eye examination will take between 30 to 45 minutes. During your examination, a health history will be recorded. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
Our optometrists test for the following:
- Eye health
- General health
- Clarity of vision
- Focusing ability & Digital eye fatigue
- Eye muscle control & lazy eye (Amblyopia)
- Macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- UV damage
- Dry eyes
Following your eye examination, our optometrist will carefully explain the results and discuss their recommendations regarding any preventive or remedial care required.
During Your Eye Examination
Your eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions